Careers & Job OPenings
A successful candidate possesses strong interpersonal communication (oral and written), motivational, and management abilities. Candidate must also have efficient organizational, record keeping, and time management skills, as well as a keen attention to detail. This position will oversee all operational aspects of the Marina, supervise all administrative and dock personnel, and drive the sales and leasing efforts.
- Prior experience with docks and/or marina maintenance on a management level for a minimum of 2 years is required.
- Must have a USCG Captains’ license or the ability to obtain one.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including knowledge of and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Should spend approximately 30% of work hours on the docks.
- Oversee and assist with the execution of maintenance work done throughout the facilities. Ensures property and equipment are maintained at an acceptable, safe, and aesthetically pleasing level at all times
- Coordinate and oversee safe and efficient docking/undocking of vessels.
- Effectively manage as well as provide an excellent level of courteous sales and guest relations with high level of diplomacy to all customers, customer guests, tenants, and visiting clientele to sustain and optimize satisfaction.
- Understands and complies with government regulations pertaining to the facility. This includes but is not limited to the Fire Department, Weights and Measures, Coast Guard, OSHA, EPA, DEEP, and the Department of Labor Department. Maintains professional relationships with agency representatives and contractors.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of incident reports and workers’ compensation injuries.
- Effectively manages and ensures proper controls for safeguarding the Marina assets.
- Train (policies, operational and emergency procedures, safety, equipment), schedule, and supervise all personnel. Develop personnel for progression and advancement within the Marina.
- Ensures all the employees are familiar with current rates for slips, storage, fuel, transients, and basic services. Maintains up-to-date rate sheet to be always kept in Marina office.
- Oversees and assists with the execution of maintenance work done throughout the facilities. Ensures property and equipment are maintained at an acceptable, safe, and aesthetically pleasing level at all times.
- Organize, market, and oversee all special events. Proactively seek ways to promote the Marina to maximize its potential.
- Follows and ensures appropriate accounting procedures for closing and balancing cash registers, credit card charges, and miscellaneous receipts. Safeguards all funds, receipts, and petty cash.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the corporate office.