Careers & Job OPenings
A successful candidate possesses strong skills in tenant relations, maintenance, motivation, and property management experience. Candidates should also have efficient organizational, record-keeping, and time-management skills. This position will oversee all aspects of marina/dock operations, and support sales and leasing efforts.
- Prior experience with docks and/or marina maintenance for a minimum of 2 years is required.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including knowledge of and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Provide an excellent level of courteous sales and guest relations with high level of diplomacy to all customers, customer guests, tenants, and visiting clientele to sustain and optimize satisfaction.
- Understands and complies with government regulations pertaining to the facility. This could include but is not limited to the Fire Department, Weights and Measures, Coast Guard, OSHA, EPA, DEEP, and Department of Labor Department. Maintains professional relationships with agency representatives and contractors.
- Assists the Marina Manager with training (policies, operational and emergency procedures, safety, equipment), scheduling, and supervising of all dock personnel. Assists with the development of dock personnel for progression and advancement within the Marina.
- Ensures established company policies and procedures are followed by all dock personnel, customers, customer guests, tenants, and visiting clientele.
- Ensures the safety of all employees, customers, customer guests, tenants, and visiting clientele. Ensures timely and accurate filing of incident reports and workers’ compensation injuries.
- Ensures proper controls for safeguarding the Marina assets.
- Oversees and assists with the execution of maintenance work done throughout the facilities. Ensures the property and equipment are maintained at an acceptable, safe, and aesthetically pleasing level at all times.
- Coordinates and oversees safe and efficient docking/undocking of vessels.
- Assists the Marina Manager with the coordination, marketing, and management of all special events. Proactively seeks ways to promote the Marina to maximize its potential.
- Manages fuel dock and store, including ordering and inventory control.
- Follows and ensures appropriate accounting procedures for closing and balancing cash registers, credit card charges, and miscellaneous receipts. Safeguards all funds, receipts, and petty cash.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Marina Manager or corporate office.